Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cody the little beagle's Thanksgiving message

Me resting at Grandma and Grandpa's house
Hello-

I am Cody the little beagle. Copper was bragging about his post on Daddy's blog so I thought I should write one as well.

In May 2013, I was at the Coweta County (Georgia)  animal shelter. I had lots of buddies there. There were nice people who walked me and fed me. It was a sad place though. I did not have a pack of my own and I spent a lot of time in a small cage. I did have a nice little bed that I liked but, it was not home. It was quite noisy most of the time. There was also an odor that I didn't like.

In June, my future adopted Mommy and Daddy came to see me. They were both really nice! I wagged my tail the whole time they were there! Daddy gave me a treat. It was good! I had to stay at the shelter for a couple of more days  because I had to go to the vet to get shots and a microchip.

Me at the shelter
It was a really happy day when Mommy and Daddy came to get me! I am a senior dog and was running out of time at the shelter. I was scheduled to be euthanized the day after Mommy and Daddy took me home. I am very thankful that they took me home!

As I mentioned, I am a senior dog. I have some senior health problems. I have a couple of benign cysts. One is fairly large and on my back. I think some people that saw me
at the shelter were afraid of my cyst. I am thankful that Mommy and Daddy loved me in spite of my problems. I also broke my leg when I was a younger dog. It is one of my hind legs and it was never set properly. Because of that, I can no longer jump and I have some difficulty doing a sit and can not do a down.

When I got home, I met my new pack. Copper the Whopper Beagle was very nice to me! He is younger than me although we are both adults. Cuddles the Corgi mix is about my age. She tolerates Copper and me but is not really friendly. We love her anyway! I am really thankful to be part of this pack!

Me roaming around the backyard with my foster brothers
Tiny and Gracy.
Shortly after adopting me, Mommy and Daddy began fostering dogs. It has been great to have foster members in our pack! I have really enjoyed helping Copper to teach them things. It is also fun to watch them play. I am really thankful to be in this pack!

A while ago, I was roaming around in our backyard and somehow I got a big splinter in my ear. I am not sure how I did it but it really hurt. Daddy tried to remove it but it hurt too bad. Daddy took me to the veterinarian to have it removed. I had to take some pain pills and antibiotics after that. Daddy and Mommy took care of me. I am really Thankful that they love me so much and take care of me!

Me in my basket bed at the Dog Trainer Shack
I really like spending time with my Daddy. Sometimes we go for rides in the truck. Occasionally I go to work with him. Every night I sleep in the bed next to Daddy. Sometimes we watch television together in bed with Mommy and Trigger the Dapple Dachshund. Trigger was recently adopted into our pack. I really like Trigger! I am really thankful that Daddy and Mommy spend so much time with me and love me!

Daddy and Copper have taught me all sorts of things that I can do to get treats. Things like sit, stay and leave it. Daddy and Copper also taught me how to walk properly on a leash. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? My Daddy and Copper taught me! If you have a senior dog who needs to learn new tricks, please contact my Daddy. Daddy always says "polite dogs = happy people". Let my Daddy make you happy today!

Copper and I , often go on walks together with Daddy. We have a special two dog yoke that we use. We really love walking around the pasture and to Grandma and Grandpa's house with Daddy!

Me in the truck after working with Daddy
I am really thankful for my Mommy and Daddy. They literally saved my life! If you are looking for another dog to add to your pack or for a first dog to start a pack, please consider adoption. There are a lot of dogs who need forever homes. Many of them will be perfect for you! I am so thankful that I now have a forever home! You can make a dog thankful too! If you need information about adoption, please contact my Daddy at anytime! Remember, you can save a dog's life!

I not only have a great new Mommy, Daddy, and pack but I also have really nice grandparents. They live next door and we visit them often. They love to pet me and give me treats. I am really thankful for Grandma and Grandpa!

Well that is a very small sample of the things for which I am thankful.

Have a great and safe Thanksgiving!

-Cody the little beagle

William Moore Canine Training
678-702-4791
fayettedogtrainer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment