- $75.00 per session
- $405 for six session package (payable in advance)
- $0.80 for each mile over 20 miles and under 100 miles (round trip)
- Over 100 miles contact me for a travel expense quote.
- They will not allow dogs with aggression (dog/dog or dog/people) in the classes.
- They will not allow anxious dogs in the classes.
- The trainers are encouraged and in some cases forced to teach only large group classes
- These classes are intended to be a sales tool for the store. They are used to market and sell dog related products. This is not necessarily bad but, it is the reality. Petco did this when I was there and I interviewed with Petsmart and it was very apparent that they do this too.
- The experience and skill of the trainer varies very widely from store to store. If you choose to do this type of training I very strongly suggest that you observe a class before you spend the money.
- There is a structured lesson plan (curriculum) while this is not an inherently bad thing. It does not lend itself readily to individualized attention. When I worked at Petco, I had to teach certain things in each class. I did have some latitude to deal with individual students situations however, I did have to teach what was in the curriculum whether or not it made sense for an individual dog.
Yes. Bark Busters provides a comprehensive training at the launch of your business. This training program takes place at the National Training Academy outside of Denver, Colorado and provides a great deal of hands-on work with dogs, as well as providing practical knowledge about how to successfully operate a dog training business.
How do I become a trained Bark Buster?
All Bark Busters go through a comprehensive training program located at the National Training Academy outside of Denver, Colorado. After completing the training program, you will be fully prepared to launch your business immediately. We will also work to publicize your business and drive customers to you from your very first day of operations. "